Marktstraße, 55422 Bacharach
In the 18th century the market tower served as a detention centre, in the 19th century it housed the municipal bell and in the 20th century a wine tavern. In 1910 it was restored by the Rhineland Association for the Preservation of Monuments and Landscape Protection. The addition of roof corner towers changed the shape of the tower. It remained undamaged during the Second World War. Today it is used as a private residence.