Josefkapelle_1

55422 Bacharach

The chapel at Oberstraße 39 was built as the house chapel of the Latin school of the Catholic grammar school in the mid-18th century. 

It blends inconspicuously into the restored building complex of the former school. Only the portal stands out from the neighbouring buildings. Until 1959, the church served as a monastery church. In the times when there are no church services, the chapel room is used for cultural events, such as the theatre festival "On the Banks of Poetry" and the exhibition for BUGA2029 from June to August 2020. From spring 2020, the church room will be the backdrop for a music experiment. In the seclusion of the chapel, "The Arab Passion" after J.S. Bach will be played at regular intervals in the version of the ensemble Sarband and Fadia El-Hage. The music reinterprets the baroque spirit of Bach's Passion in the tradition of Arabic music and jazz and aims to inspire meditation on the foreign and familiar.

Josefkapelle_1
Josefkapelle
Josefkapelle_2
Josefkapelle_3

Josefskapelle

55422 Bacharach
St. Josefskapelle
55422 Bacharach


Plan route