Gedenkstätte Belle Kreuz
Oberstraße 10, 55422 Bacharach
The square is equipped with an open-air altar and a 10-meter high wooden cross. The altar area serves as a memorial to the victims of the Second World War. The first Holy Mass was held here in 1955. As early as 1949, the community was founded to establish a Stations of the Cross. In 1951/52 the Stations of the Cross, made of Mayen basalt, could be erected. The sculptor Adam Winter from Mainz created the relief plates for the niches of the stations. Since 1961 the remaining work has been completed.