Oberstraße10, 55422 Bacharach

The former official barrel calibration station in Salzgasse was built for the local winegrowers in 1873.  

The gauger was responsible for filling new barrels with water to determine their capacity. The capacity and the calibration mark were then marked in the bottom of the barrel with a branding iron. The building was later used by the fire department as a fire engine house and is now used as a workshop for the municipality.


Um diesen Inhalt zu sehen müssen Sie den Drittanbieter Cookies zustimmen.

55422 Bacharach Oberstraße10
Rhein-Nahe Touristik Besucherzentrum
55422 Bacharach

Phone: (0049)6743 919303
E-mail: info@rhein-nahe-touristik.de
Web: http://www.rhein-nahe-touristik.de

Plan route