Blücherdenkmal

55422 Bacharach

The memorial stone from the year 1853 commemorates the Prussian Field Marshal Blücher.

After a spectacular crossing of the Rhine on New Year's Eve 1813/1814, his army marched from Kaub through Bacharach and the Steeger Valley towards France. The memorial stone is located at the height of Pfalzgrafenstein Castle in the Rhine, opposite the small town of Kaub on the right bank of the Rhine on the B9, near the Rhine ferry to Kaub. The stone is designed as a classicistic aedicule, an antique building element, with an inscription plate.

Blücherdenkmal
Blücher_vorne
Blücher_hinten

Blücher-Gedenkstein

55422 Bacharach
Blücher-Gedenkstein
55422 Bacharach


Plan route